Boosting Advice understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, https://boostingadvice.com/ Our Site will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
(1) Grounds for data collection
Your “Personal Data” (meaning any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means) will be processed as necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services and products (including, without limitation, any content therein) and the operation of our websites and mobile apps and delivery of emails to you (collectively the “Services”, and the “Websites”), to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
When you use our Services, you consent to the collection, storage, use, disclosure and other uses of your Personal Data as described in this Policy.
(2) How do we receive data about you?
We receive your Personal Data from various sources:
- Registration information – When you voluntarily provide us your personal details in order to create an account or register to our Services (for example, your name and email address).
- When you communicate with us – For example when you send us a message, or apply to be a content provider/editor, we collect the Personal Data you provided us with.
- When you submit content to or through the Services.
- When you respond to or participate in one of our polls, surveys, votes, rankings, quizzes, contests, sweepstakes, games, forums or by otherwise expressing an opinion.
- When you click on links included in our Services that lead to third party products and/or services offered on third party sites by business partners we are affiliated with (“Affiliate Links”; please see our Terms for additional information in this respect).
- When you purchase, return, or exchange products offered through the Services.
- Third party information – We may receive your data from third party providers who help us with the provision and maintenance of our Services, such as social networks (for example your name and user name, when you register or log-in to our Services), traffic analytics vendors, fraud prevention agencies and others. We also receive your data from publishers and advertisers who use our platform and other services.
(3) What type of data we collect?
In the course of using the Services, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Data to provide and improve the Services, to contact or identify you, to enable you to access certain parts of the Websites, and as otherwise indicated in this Policy. We may collect the following Personal Data about you:
- When you sign up to an event or receive our newsletter, when you send us a message (or submit a support ticket), or otherwise communicate with us in relation to the Services, we may receive certain identifiers, such as: your name, email address or other information included in such communications.
- If you create an account or register to our Services, or connect your account and log-in to our Services via to a social network (for example: if you log in via Facebook), we may also collect certain identifiers, such as your associated credentials, profile name, email address, profile photo, age and country/state of residence.
- Payment data such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number) and billing information, collected in order to process your payments for purchases, fulfill your requests for refunds, returns, or exchanges, and process the redemption of discounts. This data is usually processed by our relevant service providers, and not retained by us.
- In the framework of one of our polls, surveys, votes, rankings, quizzes, contests, sweepstakes, games, forums, content publishing, and when you choose to provide it, we may also collect information about your personal or professional interests, favorites and opinions about various products, programs and services.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information – our Services may use your IP address and UDID and other information regarding your interaction with our Services and/or with advertisements displayed on our Services.
- Geolocation data – our Services may use information regarding your general location.
We also collect data about the use of our Services and the characteristics and activities of users, in order to operate it and improve it. We may collect the following non-Personal Data:
- Technical information – this includes data such as website visits, the browser you are using and its display settings, your operating system, device type, session start/stop time, time zone, network connection type (e.g., Wi-Fi, cellular), and non-identifiable cookie information.
- Information from third parties – this includes information we receive from our business partners. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers that some advertisers or other third party ad platforms choose to share with us. This information is also used to enhance data points about a particular unique browser or device.
* If we combine Personal Data with non-Personal Data, the combined data will be treated as Personal Data. Further Personal Data will only be stored and processed if you voluntarily provide it to us, e.g. through a contact form.
When you visit or access our Services (including, without limitation, if you open an email we have delivered to you) we use (and authorize 3rd parties to use) pixels, cookies, events and other technologies. Those allow us to automatically collect information about you, your device and your online behavior, in order to enhance your navigation in our Services, improve our Websites’ performance, perform analytics and customize your experience on it. In addition, we may merge information we have with information collected through these tracking technologies with information we may obtain from other sources and, as a result, such information may become Personal Data.
(4) How do we use the data we collect?
- Provision of service – for the provision and improvement of our Services, including for support, responding to your queries, and processing of payments as stated in Section 3 above.
- Service announcements – we will use your Personal Data to communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates to our Services and offer you service offers.
- Marketing and advertising purposes – by subscribing to our newsletter you will receive tips and announcements straight to your email account. We may also use your Personal Data in the following ways: we may send you promotional material concerning our Services, or our partners’ services, which we believe might interest you; we may also display certain adverts on our Services, which we believe will be relevant for you. We make our best efforts to make sure you see only relevant ads and receive relevant communications from us, including but not limited to, by building an automated profile based on your Personal Data.
- Opt-out of receiving marketing materials – if you do not want us to use or share your Personal Data for marketing purposes, you may opt-out in accordance with this “Opt-out” section. You may choose not to receive our promotional or marketing emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the emails that you receive from us, or contact our DPO at https://boostingadvice.com/ (kindly specify the name of the relevant product from which you wish to unsubscribe). Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our newsletter, we may continue to send you service-related updates and notifications, or reply to your queries and feedback you provide us. Also note that even if you opt-out, we may still use and share your Personal Data with third parties for non-marketing purposes (for example to fulfill your requests, communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, etc.). In such cases, the companies with whom we share your Personal Data are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these non-marketing services. If you subscribed to any of our partners’ service, please note we will have no control over our partners’ communications, and in order to unsubscribe from it please contact the relevant partner, or use the “unsubscribe” link in its emails.
- Push Notifications – if you have opted-in to receive push notification on your device, you can opt-out at any time by adjusting the permissions in your device or uninstalling our relevant app.
- Analytics, surveys and research – from time to time, we may conduct surveys or test features, and analyze the data we have to develop, evaluate and improve these features, all in order to improve our Services and think of new and exciting features for our users.
- Protecting our interests – we may use your Personal Data when we believe it’s necessary in order to take precautions against liabilities, investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, investigate and protect ourselves from fraud, protect the security or integrity of our Services and protect the rights and property of Sportority, its users and/or partners.
- Enforcing of policies – we may use your Personal Data in order to enforce our policies, including but not limited to our Terms.
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements – we may use your Personal Data to investigate violations, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process.
(5) With whom do we share your Personal Data?
- Internal concerned parties – we share your information with companies in our group, as well as our employees, in order to provide you with our Services.
- User Profiles and Submissions – certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any related video or image content you uploaded to the Services for publication, may be displayed to other users as part of the Services, to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our Services. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit other users from seeing the Personal Data in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Data or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (e.g., on your published content, forums, discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your name/username may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images, content or videos through the Services, and other users can also contact you through messages and comments.
- Compliance with laws and law enforcement entities – we cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any data about you to the government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect our or a third party’s property and rights, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Data in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Merger and acquisitions – we may share your data if we enter into a business transaction such as a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or sale of some or all of our assets. Any party that acquires our assets as part of such a transaction may continue to use your data in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
(6) How we protect your information
We have implemented administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of your Personal Data. Your data is stored on secure servers and isn’t publicly available. We limit access of your information only to those employees or partners on a “need to know” basis, in order to enable the carrying out of the agreement between us.
While we seek to protect your information to ensure that it is kept confidential, we cannot absolutely guarantee its security. You need to help us prevent unauthorized access to your account by protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your account. You will be solely responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all use of your password and your account, including any unauthorized use. You should also be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of your Personal Data or other content you transmit using the Services, and you do so at your own risk.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to provide our Services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, trading information, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
(8) Rights and Information for Residents of Specific Jurisdictions
A. European Users’ Rights
If you reside within the European Union, you may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Data, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of Personal Data you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your Personal Data that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your Personal Data.
- Object to the processing of Personal Data by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your Personal Data by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- However, please note that these rights pertain to EU residents only, are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
(9) Other Jurisdictions
Under certain jurisdictions, some of the aforementioned rights may apply as well. Please contact us using the contact details provided below and we would make our best efforts to assist with any questions or requests.
(10) Our Policy toward Children
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Services are not designed for or directed at children under the age of 16 years old (“Minors”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from Minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Data, he or she should contact us using the details provided below.
(11) Updates to this Policy